“Rather than transforming the industry, the health crisis has accelerated existing trends. In November, we will focus on collaborative experiences, creating new business models, sustainability, data sharing and the move towards more generalised resource sharing. Much of the recovery in commercial property depends on the ability of everyone to pull together and rebuild collectively. In this context, MAPIC will, more than ever, play its role as a place for exchanging views, sharing information and discussing business on an international scale,” explains Nathalie Depetro, MAPIC Director.
Watch a video of Nathalie Depetro presenting the highlights of Mapic 2020.
Organised by Reed MIDEM, MAPIC, the International Retail Real Estate Market, is the leader event where all the key executives from retail real estate come together to design tomorrow’s lifestyle and shopping destinations.
Among the major attractions of MAPIC 2020:
- Innovation tops the bill. The health crisis has highlighted how consumers are above all human beings searching for experiences and social contact. Rather than signing the death warrant for physical points of sale, COVID-19 has drawn attention to the urgency of reinventing them.
- Brands at the heart of the system. The new generation of retail features closer collaboration between retail property companies and brands. MAPIC will provide a special showcase for native digital brands, along with those from all other sectors such as ready-to-wear, catering, home furnishings, and more.
- The life-style mix has been reinvented by COVID-19 to provide another vision of leisure, work, housing, health and well-being, and even logistics. There will also be an emphasis on how these new projects can add value to cities. The outlet model will also come under scrutiny at the Outlet Summit, a half-day conference on Tuesday 17 November.
- Sustainability, a new lever to empower consumers, support short, sustainable supply chains and build the next generation of retailing solutions.
- The vital role of food and leisure. The health situation certainly makes leisure and catering more complicated, but lockdown measures have shown how important they are for the social lives of consumers. MAPIC 2020 will highlight these two mainstays of retail real estate with dedicated spaces and events under the LeisurUp and The HAPPETITE brands.
MAPIC’s digital matchmaking tools will be revamped with a new version of the database designed with a new segmentation and direct contact via the client’s mailbox. A guide to all brands registered for MAPIC will also be available online, allowing for personalised matchmaking recommendations.
Find out more: check out the exclusive white paper produced by MAPIC on post-COVID-19 retailing and the MAPIC 20-Twenty Insights podcast series on the theme of innovation.
Find out more about MAPIC on our website.
Follow us on Twitter!@MAPIC with the #MAPIC hashtag
THEY WILL BE AT MAPIC 2020
Citynove Asset Management (FRANCE) • Mall & Market Sas (FRANCE) • Redevco (PAYS-BAS) • Multi Corporation (PAYS-BAS) • Atrium (PAYS-BAS) • CBRE Global Investors (NETHERLANDS) • Wilhem & Co + Gesmall (BELGIQUE) • ECE Projektmanagement G.M.B.H. & CO. KG (ALLEMAGNE) • Mediamarkt (ALLEMAGNE) • Aedes SIIQ (ITALIE) • IGD SIIQ (ITALIE) • Euroveacity (SLOVAQUIE) • Aeon Mall CO., LTD (JAPON) • Bogaris Retail, S.L. (ESPAGNE) • Sonae Sierra (PORTUGAL) • Colliers (ROYAUME-UNI) • CBRE (ROYAUME-UNI) • TORG (ETATS-UNIS) • Pradera (ROYAUME-UNI) • Five Guys (ROYAUME-UNI) • Nike EMEA (PAYS-BAS) • Tara Jarmon (FRANCE) • McDonald’s (POLOGNE) • LEVI Strauss Europe (ROYAUME-UNI)
THEY WILL BE AT LEISURUP 2020
The Smurf (BELGIQUE) • KCC (BELGIQUE) • Wavesurfer (BELGIQUE) • Zerolatency (ESPAGNE) • Polin Waterparks (TURQUIE) • We Arena (ITALIE)
Health & Safety- Reed MIDEM and Reed Exhibitions are pooling their combined experience to establish a robust programme of advanced measures to ensure all events meet the safety requirements set by the relevant local authorities and the benchmarks established by Reed Exhibitions based on the best practices and experience learned from their 500+ events.
French Government and public health guidelines are being closely followed. In the coming weeks Reed MIDEM will be issuing guidelines for safely gathering and exhibiting in the Palais des Festivals and other event venues. Measures will cover a wide range of protocols including physical distancing, increased medical facilities, as well as enhanced cleaning, sanitation and hygiene.
About Reed MIDEM – Founded in 1963, Reed MIDEM is an organiser of professional, international markets that are essential business platforms for key players in the sectors concerned. These sectors are MIPTV, MIPDOC, MIPCOM, MIPJUNIOR in Cannes, MIP China in Hangzhou and MIP Cancun in Mexico for the television and digital content industries; MIDEM in Cannes for music professionals; Esports BAR in Cannes and in Miami for the esports business; MIPIM in Cannes, MIPIM Asia Summit in Hong Kong SAR, Propel by MIPIM – NYC in partnership with MetaProp, Propel by MIPIM – Paris and Propel by MIPIM – Hong Kong for the tech and real estate industry; MAPIC and LeisurUp in Cannes, MAPIC Russia in Moscow, MAPIC Italy and The Happetite in Milan, and MAPIC India in Mumbai for the retail real estate sector. www.reedmidem.com
About Reed Exhibitions – Reed Exhibitions is a leading global events business. It combines face-to-face with data and digital tools to help customers learn about markets, source products and complete transactions at over 500 events in almost 30 countries across 43 industry sectors, attracting more than 7 million participants.
Our events, organised by 35 global offices, leverage industry expertise, large data sets and technology to enable our customers to generate billions of dollars of revenues for the economic development of local markets and national economies around the world. Reed Exhibitions is part of RELX, a global provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries. www.reedexpo.com